Box Office: 01235 515144
Posted on 10 Nov 2017
Nourish is Cornerstone’s coffee lounge and licensed bar. In the day time we are a busy coffee lounge, serving amazing cake and light, healthy lunches and snacks and in the evening we serve fabulous wine, local beer and run a really busy bar for performances in the main auditorium. With a genuine emphasis on quality, local, fresh, ethical produce, minimal waste, creative presentation and wherever possible healthy eating, since we opened in September 2017, the café has gone from strength to strength.
This is a great opportunity to work somewhere that’s completely unique in Didcot. We are looking for hard working staff with great excellent customer service who will be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the café products and Cornerstone events. You will work on the front counter and help with in food preparation.
The key responsibilities of the café assistants will be:
· 37 hours per week including daytime, weekend and evening shifts.
· To provide fast, efficient, friendly service for the café bar and event catering.
· To be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the café bar, its produce and Cornerstone’s activities that day.
· To work on the café, additional service points (including in the town square for large events) serving and preparing food and drinks and taking cash and card payments for those items.
· To prepare food in the kitchen.
· To play in important role in the safe evacuation of the building in case of an emergency.
· To upsell all café produce including retail sales and cornerstone events.
· To ensure that the café bar and all of its products are beautifully presented and that high levels of cleanliness are achieved at all times.
· To clean the cafe continually throughout their shift and follow and complete daily, weekly and shift checklists prepared by the café manager to ensure this.
· To adhere to and enforce the licensing regulations under the direction of the manager and supervisor.
· To re-stock the bar efficiently and tidily.
· To follow all security, cash handling and health and safety policies and procedures at all times.
· To report any defects or breakages immediately.
· To assist with room set ups, including moving tables.
· To assist with ushering and events as required.
· To undertake any other duties relating to the work of the operations team as required.
Your essential skills, knowledge and experience:
· Good standard of education or equivalent experience.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus:
· Level 2 in Food hygiene certificate.
· Level 2 in Food safety in catering certificate.
· Catering / bar experience or training.
· Customer service experience.
Your Styles and behaviours:
· Enthusiasm and passion for the arts would be great, but don’t worry if you don’t have this.
· Enthusiasm for working in a café / bar environment.
Having read about our role if you have any questions please contact Michelle Shearer, email or call 01235 515148.
Online application is now live. Please click here to apply online.